Everything fell into place in as the Seminoles beat the Cougars, 88-70.
Florida State got the victory while overwhelming Brigham Young in shooting and defensive rebounding.
The Seminoles shot 58% while the Cougars struggled against a good defensive effort with only 33%. Florida State used defensive rebounds to establish possession of the ball, with an advantage of 33 to 18.
Okaro White led the Seminoles against the Cougars with 17 points on 83% shooting in 23 minutes. Michael Snaer was a factor with a game-leading 10 rebounds.
|C-||T. Whisnant II||10||4||0||0||0||0||1|
Bravo to Florida State for a good early season win against Brigham Young. If they can build on this victory, the Seminoles can get off to a good start. The Seminoles are now 2-1.
Up next the Seminoles face North Florida at home on November 21st.
Florida State Game Notes:
- Florida State started 2-1 during the 2005, 2004, 2001, 1999, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Michael Snaer has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- FSU beat the spread by 19.5 points. That makes the 2nd time this season the Seminoles have beat the spread.
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:56 left to go.
- Michael Snaer recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
Brigham Young Game Notes:
- Brock Zylstra set a career high with 4 steals.
- Tyler Haws has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- The top two rebounders (Tyler Haws and Nate Austin) accounted for 42.5% of the rebounds.
- Tyler Haws set a career high with 10 field goals made and 6 offensive rebounds.
- Tyler Haws accounted for 32.8% of the team's points.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Okaro White
, Michael Snaer